Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's Official!!

On Wednesday April 20th around noon, Peter and I became official home owners!! After what seemed like endless paper work and a "who's who" of everyone we had ever talked to in the past 3 months, it was a done deal and the keys were in our hands! There was a brief moment where I was completely 100% debt free. Then I signed the last paper and became deeper in debt than I ever imagined haha But it's a different kind of debt, It's an investment and it's all ours!! We went back to our home with a pizza and a bottle of champagne and ran around screaming "It's ours! It's ours!" Then we played a game of "try to find me". Then we just sat and marveled at this big empty house. Oh the freedom from drug dealing neighbors and convict landlords!! The freedom to paint our walls purple or cover the floor in Mexican ceramic tile!! The possibilities are endless. But one thing is for sure, this is a new chapter in our lives! Hell, it's a new book! I'm ending a ten year career, moving to a new state and taking on a whole house full of problems!! And I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment