Friday, May 20, 2011

Goobye To My Goobers

It is with a heavy heart that I have to say goodbye to some of the most amazing children I have ever had the privilege of knowing. For almost 4 years I watched these children grow, learn, and slowly mold into amazing little people. When I started Gabriel had just turned two and now in July my little man (who is not so little anymore) will be 6. And where there once was nothing, we now we have little Astrid to complete the family. My heart is breaking now, but I know it is time. There are amazing things ahead and who knows what my future will hold. For the last 10 years my career has been about other people's lives and families. Now it's time to take care of me and my own. All I can say is that it was a complete honor getting to know and love these children, and I am a better person for having them in my life. Thank you form the bottom of my heart...
Benjamin Harper
Ben, you are one of the coolest kids I have ever known. You have so much passion and interest for so many things and when you love something you really give 100%. Sometimes you get all side track sally and forget EVERYTHING, but somehow it's part of your charm. I will miss playing games with you and the tantrums you would throw when I wouldn't let you win. Have you noticed now, that you're winning? It's not because I let you, it's because you are getting better. I always pushed you Ben because I knew you were capable of amazing things. When you don't listen and I have to say things 9 times it drives me nuts! I hear my mother's voice come out of me at you all the time. "I sound like a broken record... Two wrongs don't make a right..." Maybe it's because you and I are more alike than I thought! You have a kind heart and you are so good with Astrid, I know you will always watch out for her. Remember that Sophie and Gabriel need you too! You're sort of the head of the family Ben, that doesn't mean you're always right but it does mean that your siblings look up to you! So do good listening, and keep making people laugh! Keep living life the way you are now Ben and you won't miss a thing! Thank you for teaching me patience Ben! I love you.
Sophia ElizabethWhat can I say Sophie, you are incredible! You have more energy than any child I have ever known! And not the bouncing off the wall kind of energy! The energy that has direction. You are totally bored unless you are busy 100% of the time. You are definitely going to be one of those "24 usable hours in a day people" Gross. Just kidding honey. Between your singing, acting, soccer, lacrosse, friends... You are like the energizer bunny you just keep on going and you do it with a smile. You are one of the kindest people I have ever met. You are the first to help out when needed and the first to make friends with anyone. I can always count on you Sophie for whatever I need, I would have been lost without you! I'm going to miss all of our drawing time and the talks we would have, I always felt like I could tell you anything. You're an old soul Sophie, I think all of you kids are. Thank you for always making me feel special, you were always the first to say good morning and good bye and you always made me feel like such a good cook! Keep singing Sophie, your voice brings so much joy to people. I love you honey.
Gabriel Alexander
I'm almost at a loss for words when it comes to you. Not since my little Jesse years ago, have I found a connection with a child so strong as the one I have with you. We were instant best friends you and I. You are so sweet, you are the epitome of the word loving. You love everyone and everything. You are curious and smart, funny and strong. You can do anything you put your mind to! Way back when you and I used to have our little adventures together and there was nothing you didn't want to see or experience. Over the years I got to see you through preschool at Clinton Path where I know you were the teacher's favorites. And now look at you, you are almost done with kindergarten. I am so proud of you Gabriel. I'll miss seeing your Sprouts performances and your Tiger Team soccer games. Who will help me make dinner and be my taster? You give the best hugs Gabriel and you make me feel loved every day. Everyone that meets you smiles from within because you are so kind and genuine. You truly are one of my best friends and I am SO LUCKY to have been able to spend these years by your side. Words can't express how much I love you Gabriel, Domo Arigato my sweet Lovie....
Astrid KayAstrid you came in blazing to a family of already awesome kids. You had huge shoes to fill and I must say you have exceeded everyone's expectations. It's hard to be the following act to someone like Gabriel but you have bowled the world over with your heart and huge personality! You are my lil' pickle. You are spunky and feisty and you know what you want or DON'T want for that matter. For the first year of your life all you did was laugh and throw up, sometimes in reverse order. One day the throw up stopped but the laughter never did. You are such an amazing little girl and I KNOW you are going to do great things. My little fashionista and shopper. With your outfit changes, "Fancy shoes" and love for clothing catalogues you are a goober after my own heart. I'm sure I had a hand it though : ) From day one you had a larger than life personality, you LOVE to make people laugh and you HATE when you don't get your way. You are the cleanest one of the whole crew and because of this crew you are so strong and independent. With Gabriel in kindergarten this last year was really just you and me babe. I am so grateful for all of our time together. I love you to the Moon and Back Astrid. Forever and ever and ever...
It has been a honor getting to be part of this family. I have always wanted to be a mother but being with these children has really solidified that for me. They are the poster children for why people should have kids. I know it's not the end and they will always be in my life, But this is the end of an era and I can't help but feel empty inside. Thank you for letting me in to your lives. Thank you for showing me true, unbiased, unadulterated love. Thank you for giving me the BEST job anyone could ever ask for. And thank you for helping me become who I am today. I love you all so much and always will.

"Promise me you'll never forget me, because if I thought you would, I would never leave..." ~Winnie The Pooh

1 comment:

  1. Wow Katie, you got me crying, laughing and smiling all before 8AM!! These kids are such a joy, you are right about the "poster children" I agree, and me too!! You are a brave soul and have an immense kind heart. The energy and love you have given your kids and their family's is truly incredible. The bravery comes in from you giving so much yet knowing someday you will have to walk away... Walk on knowing that the wonderful job you have done here will resonate with these children forever.

    ReplyDelete